This introductory course offers new, prospective, and experienced handgun owners the opportunity to handle and fire a variety of different handguns while learning and applying basic gun safety rules. This course is generally 6-7 hours in length, with 4 hours in the class and 2 hours on the range.
We will cover the following:
- Firearm Terms & Parts
- Firearm Safety Rules and Handgun Safety
- Different Ammunition Calibers & Bullets
- Storage, Transportation, & Purchasing Requirements in CA
- Shooting Fundamentals in the Classroom and on the Range
The firearms we use in the course typically include:
- Ruger GP100
- S&W Model 317
- Ruger SR22P
- Glock 34, 19, 26
- Beretta 92FS, PX4
- Browning Buckmark, Hi-Power
- Springfield XD9
- Sig P226
- And more…!
This course covers both semi-automatic pistols and revolvers in 22 LR, 9mm Luger, and 38 Special. It’s an excellent course for new firearm owners and experienced owners alike to grow your knowledge base and shoot several different firearms. You do not need your own firearm or ammunition to take this course, but you are welcome to bring any that you own. We also offer the CA Firearm Safety test in this course for an extra fee, if you are looking to purchase a firearm shortly after the course!
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions about this course, and we look forward to working with you!
- Handgun (semi-auto or revolver); also option to use one of ours.
- Eye & ear protection, close-toed shoes.
- 1 to 3 magazines; also option to use ours with one of our firearms.
- 200+ rounds (no steel core).